Master of Science (Decision Science)
The Master of Science (Decision Science) programme is designed to promote professional development of researchers, academicians and other involved in decision-making processes. Decision Science professionals are relevant in many fields such as manufacturing, marketing, banking, finance, logistics, healthcare, transportation, telecommunication, forestry, military, energy among others. The programme is offered in two modes, i.e. i. Coursework and Disseration mode and ii. Research mode.
Applicants for the Master of Science Programme under the UUM College of Arts and Sciences must possess:
- a Bachelor degree with Honours from University Utara Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognized by the University Senate with a CGPA at least 2.75; or
- a Bachelor degree with Honours from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognized by the University Senate with a CGPA less than 2.75 and relevant working experience; or
- a Diploma holder with ten (10) years working experience and minimum age of 35 years; or
- any other equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate; and
- Fulfills the English Language requirement.
Programme Structure - (A)Coursework and Dissertation
|Mode of Studies||Courses|
(20 CREDIT HOURS)
Programme Structure - (B)Research
|REQUIREMENTS||Students are required to:
|Students without sufficient research skills and knowledge are required to attend and pass the following courses with at least a B grade before being allowed to defend their proposal (i.e. within the first two semesters of their enrollment):
For international applicant, please click HERE for more info about Entry Requirement to Malaysia, Visa, Immigration, English Language Requirement
All enrolments for postgraduate program are offered by Awang Had Salleh Graduate School (AHSGS). Please refer to Awang Had Salleh Graduate School (AHSGS) directly or click HERE to download application form.
Alternatively, you may contact the Dean's office for further information:
School of Quantitative Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences
Universiti Utara Malaysia,
06010 Sintok Kedah Darul Aman,
Tel : +6 04-928 6301
Fax: +6 04-928 6309