SQS News Highlight
Talk on Knowledge Science by JAIST Professor
SQS ONLINE: 28th of February 2017, the School of Quantitative Sciences (SQS) in conjunction with the Innovation and Commercialization Center (ICC) and School of Technology Management and Logistics (STML) has organized a special talk on the topic of Potential Applications of Mathematics in Knowledge Science by Prof. Dr. Michitaka Kosaka, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST). The event was held at Seminar Hall SQS with attendance by academics and postgraduate students from SQS, STML and SOC.
Prof. Kosaka is a professor in the field of service science. He received his Masters' and Ph.D. degrees in applied mathematics and physics from Kyoto University, Japan, in 1977 and 1984, respectively. His research interests include service innovation, R&D management, transdiscipline science and technology, fusion of system engineering and knowledge science, and stochastic control theory. He is a member of IEEE, fellow of IEEJ, fellow of SICE and also hold membership in several institutes in Japan. His talk on service science was really interesting as it is based on his wide experience in Hitachi, where he had been with for 31 years, especially with the Systems Development Laboratory.
Audiences were intrigued by the idea of expanding the concept of field theory in physics to the evaluation service value. This idea is currently the basis of his interdisciplinary research in service management.The event had greatly benefited all scholars who attended the event.
- SQS POSTGRADUATE STUDENT WINS THE UUM 3-MINUTE-THESIS 2017 COMPETITION
- PROGRAM JALINAN SQS DAN SEMESTI
- DEKAN GESA PELAJAR KEKALKAN KECEMERLANGAN AKADEMIK
- Talk on Knowledge Science by JAIST Professor
- SQS DAY 2016 KUKUH JALINAN HUBUNGAN STAF DAN PELAJAR
- SQS Career and Alumni Week 2016 is Filled with Interesting Activities
- The President Of Axiata Group Berhad Shares Sound Advice For Success
- SQS Students Did Well in CIMB Data Challenge
- SQS Open Class A152
- Mathematics and Engineering Expert Visited SQS
- SQS Session with New Students
- IACE 2015 Attracted Young Researchers From ASEAN Countries