SQS News Highlight
Renown Mathematics and Engineering Expert Visited SQS
SQS ONLINE : The visit by Profesor Dr. Kenjiro T.Miura to SQS has opened up avenue for knowledge sharing and discussion for academicians in the school. Professor Miura is an academician at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Shzouka University, Japan.
During his visit, he delivered a talk on "Aesthetic Design with Log-aesthetic Curves and Surfaces" at the Seminar Hall 2, SQS. In his talk, he shares about the application of mathematical curves in the manufacturing of automobile and architecture in Japan. The talk was attended by 80 academic staff and students from SQS. The Dean and the committee chairs for SQS were also present to listen to the talk.
According to the Head of Mathematics and Statistics Department, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azizan Saaban, the program aims to cultivate the interest in mathematics especially in human development among SQS staff and students.
During his visit, Profesor Dr. Kenjiro T.Miura also visited the UUM Welcome Centre and expressed his excitement to be in the Universiti Utara Malaysia for the first time. He was taken to visit the campus and was amazed with the facilities and conducive environment.
- SQS Session with New Students
- IACE 2015 Attracted Young Rresearchers From ASEAN Countries
- B.Sc. Business Mathematics (Hons) Receives AUN-QA Accreditation
- AUN-QA: Another Victory for SQS
- Academic Visit to Shezhen University, P.R. China
- MoU with Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia (Department of Statistics Malaysia)
- Three SQS Researchers are Among the Recipients for Innovation, Research and Publication Awards (AIPPEN'14)
- ICOQSIA 2014 attracted more than 180 participants from all over the world