- Our heartiest Congratulations to all SQS graduates on the UUM's 27th Convocation Ceremony.
- SQS wishes everyone a Happy Deepavali and Happy Holidays.
- The Dean and all staff members wish to welcome all new SQS students to UUM. May your journey with us be filled with many sweet memories.
SQS News Highlight
Professor Graham Kendall's Second Visit to SQS
School of Quantitative Sciences (SQS) is honored and proud to receive visit from Professor Graham Kendall to our school on Thursday, 9 October 2014. This marks the second visit by Prof. Kendall, thus strengthening collaboration and networking between Universiti Utara Malaysia and Nottingham University. During this visit, Prof Kendall shared his experiences in the workshop focusing in producing a high impact publication. His talk entitled Tips for Publishing High Impact Journals was attended by our academic staff and postgraduate students.
All of the shared tips are mostly gained from his personal experiences as academia; together with some guidelines from renowned journals. It is continued with the workshop focusing on hands-on article's writing and reviewing. Prof Kendall reviewed approximately 20 articles prepared prior by academic staff, in which these articles are expected to be published in high impact journal soon, in effort to meet UUM's KPI, in particular, the Core 1, TS1C2 strategy.
- Congratulations to All Award Recipients of The 2nd International Innovation, Design And Articulation (i-IDeA(tm) 2014)
- MoU with Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia (Department of Statistics Malaysia)
- Three SQS Researchers are Among the Recipients for Innovation, Research and Publication Awards (AIPPEN'14)
- SQS researchers won 1 Gold & 2 Bronze at ITEX 2013
- Research Acculturation Grant Scheme (RAGS): Congratulations to SQS Researchers
- Technical Talk By Dr. Wen Jau Lee from Intel
- AMAES 2014 was a success
- ICOQSIA 2014 attracted more than 180 participants from all over the world