- SQS wishes everyone a Happy New Year 2015
- SQS wishes Happy Thaipusam and Happy Chinese New Year to everyone.
- Selected data from the Malaysian Department of Statistics is now available for request. Click HERE for more information.
SQS News Highlight
Handover of Data by Malaysian Department of Statistics
A ceremony to mark the hand-over of data by the Malaysian Department of Statistics (MDS) to School of Quantitative Sciences (SQS) has taken place at the SQS Main Meeting Room on the Tuesday, 2nd December 2014. The ceremony is a follow up from the Memorandum of Understanding signed by both parties on the 19th December 2014.
The close cooperation between the MDS and SQS plays an important role to bridge the theory-practice gap through research collaboration. It is our hope that the collaboration will brings positive outcomes both to SQS and MDS.
The ceremony was attended by the MDS Director of Corporate and Customer Services, Madam Nazaria Baharudin, as well as other MDS staff including Madam Maizatul Akma Mat Eil @ Ismail, Madam Nurul Aini Abdul Wahab. Also present at the ceremony was the Vice Director of Malaysian Institute of Statistical Training (MIST), Miss Syahrin Helmy Abdullah Halim, Assistant Director of MIST, Mr. Muhamad Ridzuan Azahari, The State Director for MDS Kedah, Madam Suzana Abu Bakar and Assistant Director for the Price, Income and Expenses Statistical Department, Madam Nor Alkashah Arif Shah.
- Professor Graham Kendall's Second Visit to SQS
- Congratulations to All Award Recipients of The 2nd International Innovation, Design And Articulation (i-IDeA(tm) 2014)
- MoU with Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia (Department of Statistics Malaysia)
- Three SQS Researchers are Among the Recipients for Innovation, Research and Publication Awards (AIPPEN'14)
- SQS researchers won 1 Gold & 2 Bronze at ITEX 2013
- ICOQSIA 2014 attracted more than 180 participants from all over the world
- AMAES 2014 was a success
- Technical Talk By Dr. Wen Jau Lee from Intel
- Research Acculturation Grant Scheme (RAGS): Congratulations to SQS Researchers